Non-Twelve Step Rehab Programs
While the traditional method of drug and alcohol rehabilitation typically takes on many of the concepts of 12-step treatment, there are also many non-twelve step rehab programs which have evolved to better serve the needs of those who are suffering from addiction. These programs cater to a different group of individuals, those who may not be centered around a higher power or a faith in God. It’s not to say that non-twelve step rehab is only for those who do not react to a higher power, just that this is one type of group that these programs are more effective at helping—there are of course, many others who can also benefit from the treatment and therapy of a non-twelve step rehab approach.
For help, call 1-800-895-1695. Our counselors will provide you with a free referral to a non-twelve step rehab program that can aid in your recovery.
The following programs do not use twelve step treatment approaches:
- SMART Recovery – this method of addiction rehabilitation provides an alternative, self-help method that can help people to reduce their desire to use drugs or alcohol. SMART Recovery is provided by a non-profit organization and is based on abstinence from drug abuse. People who have a problem with using drugs can utilize SMART recovery to meet others who are also in recovery, learn valuable skills to stay sober and get the help that they need without a 12-step process of treatment.
- Non-Spiritual Programs – there are a number of treatment options that do not take on a spiritual approach and typically do not utilize steps. These programs, also known as secular rehabilitation programs offer treatment options to assist you with recovery through standard treatment modalities such as detox, counseling and therapy. They do not focus on faith, spirituality or steps.
- Rational Recovery – Another abstinence based program for the treatment of drug addiction that does not use steps is the Rational Recovery approach. This program is the exact opposite and rival of Alcoholics Anonymous and does not use any 12-step approaches for the recovery process. A non-twelve step rehab program that has worked for millions of people nationwide.
- Moderation Management – These non-twelve step rehab programs include a national support network which promotes behavioral changes in a positive way. The program focuses on promoting positive lifestyle changes for those in recovery and can be very effective at helping addicts to get back on track and live a healthy life.
- Non-Twelve Step Rehab Programs for Women – Women for Sobriety is a non-twelve step program that was designed specifically for women. This program was founded in 1976 by a woman by the name of Jean Kirkpatrick who designed the program on the premise that self-help programs must be different in order to address the unique needs of women who are addicted to drugs or alcohol.
Still not sure if non-twelve step rehab is right for you? Call 1-800-895-1695 to talk with a counselor about the options that may be best for you.